High achievers don’t only come to Equinox to perform at their peak; they find a home here. We’ve revamped every facet of our membership to include digital and in-club options that work together to keep you performing at your peak at all times.
The Equinox Standard for health, safety, and hygiene may be found below. What’s your connection to Equinox, if any? Find out what perks you may be entitled to when you return.
When it comes to Equinox, the company is controlled by Steven Ross. Since its inception, its brand has grown into a premium fitness brand with a sphere of influence that extends well beyond the fitness industry.
As an example, they have a luxury hotel network. In addition, SoulCycle, a workout cycle that gives users a gym-like experience at home, is owned by this corporation.
Read Related Articles: What is BODYPUMP? 6 Benefits & Workouts
Equinox MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT
Equinox may be accessed at any time, from any location, thanks to a seamless combination of physical and digital services. Find out more about the perks of an Equinox membership here.
CLASSES ARE ENDLESS
Master of one’s domain. Anthem for the Cult of the Dance. All courses at Equinox are designed and delivered by the industry’s greatest brains and by outstanding fitness instructors who push you to your limits and motivate you to achieve your goals.
All classes must be booked in advance and are free for members. Try a class at Equinox with your exclusive discount.
JOIN OUR COLLECTIVE TO SPEED UP YOUR DESIRE
The incomparable collective’s live and on-demand sessions will bring you to the front row, wherever you are and whenever you’re ready. Equinox memberships provide unlimited use of the facility.
ANYWHERE THE BEST SAFETY STANDARDS
- We’ve kept up with the times by updating our facilities.
- The club has several hand sanitizer stations.
- Disinfecting personal gadgets in seconds using UV-C light sanitizers
- The Shop carries reusable face masks.
For those who work out hard, complimentary bags are provided to carry their masks. Let us show you why we’re the best by taking advantage of your exclusive offer.
Whether you’re working out at the gym or using one of our cutting-edge digital platforms, we can help you reach your fitness goals no matter where you are. Please fill out this form if you’d like to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
WHEN YOU JOIN
- Sign up for Equinox now and get a special discount.
- Free fitness evaluation
- Complimentary one-on-one or virtual training session
- Individual Pilates or virtual mat sessions in a studio are provided free.
- 15% off your first order at The Shop
Equinox Review – Is the fitness app useful?
To use the Equinox fitness app, Apple customers must be prepared to pay an annual price without a trial period.
Among its benefits are the many training options, the ability to tailor a program to a user’s specific needs, and the opportunity to engage with genuine trainers.
Because of the high amount of reported bugs, we don’t recommend this app for Android users.
Here, we’re going to cover all you need to know about the Equinox app and compare it to other applications so you can get a complete picture of what it has to offer.
Highlights and Takeaways
If any of the following apply to you:
- You like working out with actual fitness experts;
- You are looking for customized training plans that are tailored to your specific needs;
- With your training, you want to work out in a variety of venues and at various times of the day.
- Exercises like boxing, Pilates, yoga, cycling, dancing, and jogging are on your wish list.
If any of the following apply to you:
- You’d want a tailored diet to go along with your workouts;
- You’d want to keep track of how many calories you’re consuming daily;
- Losing weight is all that matters to you right now.
Success of Equinox
More than 50,000 people have downloaded the Equinox app from Google Play, which has a rating of 2.9 stars, while it has a rating of 4.9 stars on the Apple store.
The general user experience will be discussed in more detail later on in this Equinox review.
Read Related Articles: What is body conditioning? Exercises and Instructions
What Makes This App Unique?
Equinox isn’t accessible in every country. Users in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada may access this app.
There is still the need for an Equinox gym membership even after that. You can organize your classes and seminars, but it also connects you with various trainers and even lets you book your hotel room to use the gym while you’re on vacation.
The degree of customization offered by this software is another feature that sets it apart from the competition.
When you choose the activities you’d want to do, the app connects you with various personal trainers that can help you achieve your fitness objectives.
You can participate in live courses or view recordings of prior sessions. To top it all off, the app constantly reminds you of forthcoming sessions and reminds you of your fitness objectives.
Anywhere, at any moment.
Whether you’re confined at home or in a hotel, you can still go about your training using this app since it allows you to do so wherever you are.
Also worth highlighting is that Equinox explicitly states that they do not intend to promote stereotypes. They are more concerned with staying fit than they are with slimming down.
Because of this, they don’t have meal plans. On the other hand, Equinox focuses on customized workout plans and easy access.
Read Related Articles: What is Physical Fitness Important
Equinox sessions may be as short as 10 minutes or as long as an hour. Personal training sessions may be as short as 30 minutes, while courses can last up to an hour.
Let’s look at the exercises that Equinox has to offer before continuing with our evaluation.
- Boxing – Boxing and martial arts lessons are available, emphasizing strengthening the upper body while also increasing cardiovascular fitness. Users may strengthen their bodies in this manner. “The cut” is a specialized boxing practice where participants hold small weights in their hands and shadowboxes without a bag or wraps.
- Dancing– Zumba classes are the first part of the exercise. However, skilled students can master complex choreography in this setting. In a class dubbed “Choreo Cult,” students learn basic moves and work their way up to a complete routine to upbeat music.
- Involved Regeneration – In layman’s terms, this is known as stretching. It is recommended that you stretch correctly before beginning any exercise program to minimize the stress on your joints and muscles. For around 30 minutes, you may do this stretch. As a result, the regeneration exercises may be appropriate for more mature consumers looking for lower-intensity workouts.
- Cycling – This promises to be the finest indoor cycling experience at Equinox Customers will be given a broad array of workouts to keep their indoor riding experience fresh and enjoyable.
- Swimming – Low-impact yet high-intensity exercise is the goal of this class which seeks to work all of your muscles simultaneously. The water resistance allows you to receive a full-body workout while also working your heart and muscles.
- Running – Running has long been popular to increase endurance and keep your whole body in shape, and the gym sought to improve its treadmill routines to match this popularity. Without a genuine treadmill in your own house, you won’t be able to get the same results as you would at a gym.
- Yoga – There is a wide range of courses available here, ranging from beginner to advanced, so everyone’s requirements may be addressed. Even while it lacks the depth and breadth of Asana Rebel, you can still use it to spice up your workouts.
- Mat Pilates – Unlike conventional Pilates, a mat made with Equinox fibers, which focuses only on classical techniques, Pilates combines them with more contemporary and creative methods. Your body will sculpt your abs strengthened with this workout. For a more varied exercise, Pilates may use a variety of equipment, including tiny balls, stretch bands, and Pilates rings.
They include a distinct warm-up activity, but they don’t state that the workouts will also include a cool-down.
They also don’t specify how long these sessions will go or what equipment you’ll need for them either.
If you’re exercising at home, you’ll need to acquire all the necessary equipment, particularly if you want to participate in one of their fitness programs like cycling or boxing, and if you want to participate in an onsite workout class, you’ll need to pre-book.
This may be the app’s most tempting feature, which should be emphasized in this Equinox review. As we previously said, the app connects users with personal trainers who can help them achieve their fitness goals and objectives.
The personal trainer at Equinox then develops a customized plan for you based on the results of your fitness exam and your objectives.
The trainers will keep you on your toes, and the app will keep track of your workouts, past, and present, and even serve as a reminder for future ones. As a virtual course, you may attend it from any location.
Equinox also provides calorie-burning HIIT workouts that leave you breathless with their intensity. After their efficient workouts, we did, in general, feel burned.
Equinox doesn’t have a food plan since they think that exercise isn’t about losing weight but rather about toning up and attaining your objectives.
They don’t even track how many calories you burn throughout the workout; the app exists to allow you to communicate with your trainer or reserve a spot in one of the many sessions they provide.
The Price of the App
In the Equinox review, the app’s price should also be discussed in great detail. The difficulty is that, despite the app’s personalization and convenience, non-members of this high-end gym are unable to participate in the sessions it offers.
With a 500-dollar initiation charge, the Equinox gym costs 2,200 dollars per year with no free trial, which is much money!
To participate in their courses, you must be a chain member or stay at one of its hotels. The software is only compatible with Apple devices for Android users, which is an additional issue.
In this Equinox review, we decided to add this part because of the controversial viewpoints of Apple and Android customers.
It’s possible to join and download the app. However, the app itself doesn’t work on Android devices. Because of this, only a select group of users will be able to use and benefit from the software.
There are many glitches in the app because of a recent upgrade, affecting both Apple and Android users alike. Some of our clients have reported data loss and other issues linked to class locations and waitlists.
When writing this Equinox review, the app’s creators opted to eliminate waitlists. If the class is full, users will not be able to view this information on the website or app.
The software’s incompatibility with Android devices irks Android customers, paying the same amount of money as Apple users for the app.
Rather than being a one-off issue, the incompatibility is evidence that the program’s creators have been experiencing this difficulty since the software was first released.
Unfortunately, this hasn’t been updated to work on Android devices.
Read Related Articles: Leg Workout: Using the 15 Best Exercises
Equinox vs. Other Apps
On the other hand, Equinox is unlike any other software we’ve used. Instead of showing you how to do exercises and demonstrations, it matches you with a personal trainer.
Some people aren’t suited to Equinox. First and foremost, there is a hefty membership cost, and if you don’t want to use their gym, you’ll need to invest in training equipment, which isn’t cheap.
In addition, unlike other applications, it does not provide a free trial period. Whether you’re not a member, you can’t try out their class to see if it’s something you’d want to do. For a low-cost, high-quality exercise app, go beyond ALO movements and our comprehensive review.
Equinox: Is It Worth It?
So, to sum up, our Equinox evaluation, is it worth it? Because not everyone can afford to join a luxury gym, you must consider whether or not you are willing to spend so much money on a gym membership.
Keep in mind that if you decide to sign up, there is no free trial and that you will be charged annually for your subscription.
Although their workouts seem engaging, it is impossible to recreate the in-gym experience at home due to the app’s lack of quality.
We have to mention that the user experience was not accurately depicted in the reviews since we are accountable for evaluating the app fairly.
- There are a variety of exercises to choose from, and they may be tailored to suit your requirements.
- Customer satisfaction is high due to the high degree of customization and the ability to monitor and schedule exercises.
- With pre-registration, you can ensure that you have a spot for the exercises you want to do.
- The cost of membership is high. Even though the program is free, it lacks usefulness and has several bugs. For Android users, this app is not recommended.
- Because certain activities need the use of equipment, re-creating the gym experience will be pricey.
- It has an air of exclusivity about it, given that it primarily targets three countries: the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Only Apple devices are supported in these countries.
- It does not provide a free trial.
Our evaluation of the Equinox fitness app has come to an end. If you’d want to learn more about our thoughts on other apps, check out our website!