About The Macomb County Health Department
Since its inception in 1947 by the Macomb County Board of Supervisors, the Macomb County Health Department has worked tirelessly toward its mission.
People’s health improves when they live in a well-run community. The health and well-being of Macomb County citizens is our top focus, working alongside the communities we serve.
The Macomb County Health Department is divided into four sections, each in charge of a particular set of services.
It is the responsibility of the Environmental Health Services Department to control waste and water quality and safety, as well as food safety.
Concerns such as vaccines, contraceptives, and other areas of family and maternal/child health are handled by the Family Health Services Division.
CDC’s Disease Control Division is responsible for promoting health, nutrition, and preventing community-based chronic illnesses.
The Health Department monitors the Medical Examiner’s Office, compiles health data and statistics, and coordinates emergency preparedness efforts across all departments.
See our 2019 Plan of Organization for additional information on the Macomb County Health Department’s organization and services.
Plan for the Long Term
A strategic planning approach was deemed necessary by the Macomb County Health Department to guide its activities and services. Click on this link to learn more about the MCHD 2018-2023 Strategic Plan.
The Michigan Public Health Accreditation Commission reviews the Macomb County Health Department for continued accreditation every three years.
Macomb County health department forms
The following is a collection of often requested forms from local health departments.
There are a lot of PDFs on the Macomb County website. You’ll need special software installed on your computer to read and print PDF files.
- Animal Bite Report Form
- Body Art Plan Review Application
- Child/Adult Care Facility Inspection Request
- Complaint – Bed Bugs
- Food Service-License Application
- Food Service- Plan Review Application
- Food Service- Plan Review Worksheet
- Food Service- Plan Review Manual
- Food Service- Standard Operating Procedures
- Food Service- Temporary License Application
- Food Service- Temporary Operator’s Checklist
- Food Service- School Inspection Request
- Food Service-STFU Operation Notification Form
- Immunization Medical Questionnaire and Consent Form
- Property Transfer Evaluation Request
- Property Transfer Evaluation Exemption Request
- Property Transfer Evaluation Postponement Request
- Property Transfer Registered Evaluator Renewal Request
- Property Transfer Evaluations – What you need to know
- Property Transfer Evaluations – Preparing for an evaluation
- Property Transfer Evaluations- Registered Evaluators List
- Well & Septic Permit/Soil Evaluation Application
- Soil Evaluation – Consent for soil studies
- Well & Septic – Inspection request: Occupancy change/building alteration
- Well Water Testing Request
Macomb County Health Department COVID guidelines
By offering information, tools, and services, including the COVID Helpline, COVID-19 testing, and immunizations, Macomb County continues to support all county citizens and businesses in coping with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please get in touch with the Macomb County Health Department at 586-463-3750 if you have any concerns regarding COVID-19. Monday through Friday, the hotline is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns about the safety and health effects of COVID-19.
- Go to Michigan.gov Coronavirus Reporting Forms
- At 1-888-535-6136, you may also contact the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
Read Related Articles: The Beginner’s Guide to Genesis Health Club (Dos and Don’ts)
Macomb County Health Department COVID vaccine appointments
In Macomb County, immunization appointments are being made for children six months and older. Make an appointment by clicking on the link below.
Appointments are highly recommended. Accepting walk-ins. Based on the availability of vaccines.
Macomb County Health Department vaccine records
3 Steps to get your Vaccine Records
Read More Related Article:
- What is Mychart SSM health and How to Use
- How To Edit One Health Pass Information
- Team Dignity Health email login(Update)